Del Mar Real Estate
Del Mar is a beach city in San Diego County, California. Del Mar is Spanish for “of the sea” or “by the sea,” which reflects its location on the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Del Mar is known for beautiful beaches and award-winning cuisine and the historic and charming Del Mar Village which offers a variety of boutique shops, restaurants, and some luxury and beach-style hotels.
The population was estimated at 4,311 in 2014, up from 4,161 at the 2010 census. The city has a total area of 1.8 square miles.
Like most of the coastal San Diego area, Del Mar’s climate is considered mediterranean-subtropical with warm, dry summers and mild, humid winters.
Education and Schools
Del Mar is served by the Del Mar Union School District, which includes eight K-8 schools. High school education is provided by the San Dieguito Union High School District.
In terms of public transit, North County Transit District provides their BREEZE bus service across the city limits to many destinations. The new Solana Beach station two miles north and provides Coaster commuter rail and Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner service.
Cultural Activities & Attractions
- Powerhouse Park, Del Mar
- Del Mar racetrack, held live during the summer and now the fall at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. The Fairgrounds also hosts the satellite wagering facility Surfside Race Place throughout the year when races aren’t live
- The San Diego County Fair – From mid-June through early July, the San Diego Fair is San Diego’s oldest annual event and the sixth largest fair in the United States.
- Kaaboo Del Mar
- Torrey Pines State Beach
- Powerhouse Community Center
- Del Mar Antique Show, held three times a year for over 50 years on the Del Mar Fairgrounds
- North Beach Area (29th Street to Solana Beach border), also known as “Dog Beach”.
Del Mar offers all type of homes from Luxury Homes, Beachside Mansions, Ranch Homes and Townhomes and Condos. Contact Us and we would love to introduce you Del Mar and it’s various Neighborhoods and Available Homes.