As real estate agents we look at so many homes each year that we get a clear sense of what’s popular with homeowners. Let’s look at a few of the top design trends agents are noting for 2019:
- Open Floor Plans: Homeowners are enjoying open spaces where the kitchen is the heart of the home and opens up to the family and dining rooms where they can entertain. Remodels now include knocking down walls and moving cabinets to enlarge these areas.
- Subway & Moroccan Tiles: We’re seeing many subway tile and Moroccan tile backsplashes in kitchens, especially from counter-top-to-ceiling for a bold visual statement. Subway tiles are appearing in interesting patterns such as chevron or herringbone while Moroccan tiles are also cropping up in bathroom floors.
- Brass & Copper Accents: From lighting fixtures to faucets to cabinet handles to range hoods, brass and copper are being mixed into traditional styles to add edge or warmth.
Bring the Outside In: Homes are using more and more glass like walls of windows, skylights, and glass doors. Whether entertaining or just having a glass of wine, glass is being used to bring the outdoors inside and take advantage of scenic views.
- Lighter Wood Floors: Homeowners are choosing lighter wood floors, sometimes with a shade of gray or brown in them, and they’re using them increasingly in kitchens and foyers.
Gray & Teal: Gray continues to be wildly popular on walls and cabinets, and we’re noting a variety of shades & hues from pale bluish grays to deep charcoals. A fun addition we’re also seeing is the teal accent wall or teal island.
- 1st Floor Bedroom/Office: Many homeowners are converting bedrooms to office spaces as more people work from home. Making spaces multitask is increasingly in demand.
Every home should be an extension of its owner with a style that makes homeowners feel happy and inspired. We hope these trends give you some ideas for your own homes!
BeTrue Real Estate helps people buy & sell homes all over La Jolla, Carmel Valley, Del Mar and San Diego, area. We believe in being true to yourselves, your dreams, values & home. With their Multi-Cultural Background, over 35 years of combined experience selling Real Estate and because they are Licensed in California, New York (Smitha) and New Jersey, Rahul, Smitha and their team can offer global reach. They have lots of experience representing a diverse group of clients, from local buyers & sellers to relocation and international/foreign buyers, sellers and investors. Rahul and Smitha are exceptionally well-respected Realtors in the industry with high ethical standards and glowing reviews. Their team offers a high level of expertise, innovative technology and cutting-edge real estate marketing and sales solutions.